Prince William and Kate Middleton and Prince Charles and Camilla shared near-identical photographs of Meghan Markle from their only public meeting with her in two years on Aug. 4, her 41st birthday.
The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge’s Instagram and Twitter accounts posted a photograph of the Duchess of Sussex from the Queen’s Jubilee celebrations in June alongside the simple message: ‘Wishing a happy birthday to the Duchess of Sussex!’
Shortly afterward, the Prince of Wales and Duchess of Cornwall went on to share a similar message and image of the mother of two.
The images selected by both couples show Meghan at the Queen’s Service of Thanksgiving at St. Paul’s Cathedral and don’t feature her husband, Prince Harry.
The service was the only event from the Queen’s Jubilee the Duke and Duchess of Sussex publicly attended. It marked the first time the couple were seen with ‘The Firm’ since the frosty Commonwealth Service at Westminster Abbey in March 2020, shortly before they officially stepped down as senior royals.
Prince William and Kate Middleton and Prince Charles and Camilla shared near identical photographs of Meghan Markle from their only public meeting with her in two years on her 41st birthday
The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge’s Instagram and Twitter shared a simple message wishing the Duchess a ‘happy birthday’
Prince Harry and Meghan missed both the Platinum Jubilee Party and Pageant, as well as the Epsom Derby during the four-day festivities.
The couple made only one public appearance over the Jubilee weekend, despite flying in from the United States with their two children, Archie and Lilibet.
They didn’t appear on the Buckingham Palace balcony during the Trooping of the Color and were also seemingly relegated to the second row during the Thanksgiving service.
Palace aides were said to have choreographed timing for the Platinum Jubilee service to ensure that William and Kate didn’t bump into Meghan and Harry.
The Prince of Wales and Duchess of Cornwall went on to share a similar simple message alongside an image of the Duchess from the Jubilee
The service was the only event from the Queen’s Jubilee the Duke and Duchess of Sussex publicly attended
The couple sat apart from Prince William, Kate, Prince Charles and Camilla in the church after royal aides ensured they sat on separate sides of the aisle.
Departure and arrival times were also carefully considered by Palace aides, so as to avoid the brothers and their spouses bumping into each other.
Harry and William have had a long-standing feud. Harry has also accused his father of cutting him off financially while Meghan claimed an unnamed royal made a comment about Archie’s skin tone before he was born, which she told Oprah Winfrey last year in a bombshell interview.
Meghan is celebrating her big day shortly after it emerged her friend and favored author, Omid Scobie, is writing yet another book, promising a ‘new chapter of the royal story’ that will dish out ‘exclusive revelations.’
Kate and Prince William were the first members of the royal family to publicly send their best wishes to Meghan
The journalist previously co-wrote the bestseller ‘Finding Freedom,’ a sympathetic account of Meghan and Harry’s relationship and how they came to leave the United Kingdom and step away from royal duties.
That took went into exhaustive detail about the Sussexes over 400 pages, including specifics about luxury holidays and Meghan’s cravings for sweets.
But Scobie doesn’t seem to have tired of the subject that has proven so lucrative: The new book – as yet untitled and written alone – is due for release next year.
While Meghan admitted that she authorized a friend to give interviews for ‘Finding Freedom,’ it’s not clear if she has given the nod to the follow-up.
Scobie does, however, promise ‘deep access’ to the royals and their entourage.
Meghan is celebrating her big day shortly after it emerged her friend and favored author, Omid Scobie, is writing yet another book, promising a ‘new chapter of the royal story’ that will dish out ‘exclusive revelations’
Some royal-watchers believe the new volume may counter claims made in acclaimed biographer Tom Bower’s new book, ‘Revenge,’ which is critical of the Duchess.
The book, which Meghan’s estranged father Thomas contributed to – includes a slew of allegations, including that the Duchess once made Kate Middleton cry.
Meanwhile, Prince Harry is releasing his own ghostwritten memoir this year, which he has described as ‘a first-hand account of my life that’s accurate and wholly truthful.’
The news comes as it was claimed Prince Harry and Meghan won’t be visiting the Queen when she takes her summer break at Balmoral, despite an invitation.
Her Majesty reportedly asked the couple and their two children, three-year-old Archie and Lilibet, one, to stay at her Scottish residence and told royal staff to prepare.
It was said that the Sussexes would not have to spend time with other royals, like Charles and William. But the couple, who last went to Balmoral in 2018, are said to not be planning to attend the Scottish Highlands estate over the next few months.
A Balmoral insider told The Sun and Page Six: ‘Staff have been told to expect the full list of royals including Harry, Meghan and their children. They are preparing for the Sussexes.’
Another source is reported to have said: ‘I would be stunned if they did turn up.’
It’s understood the couple are planning to stay in the US before the release of Harry’s memoir.